Saturday, June 22, 2013

Monster Truck Splash Party–Details

Maddox and Ryder are really into Monster Trucks right now so I knew I wanted to give them a monster truck party this year.  I also knew I wanted to have the party at the YMCA splash pad.  What I didn’t know was how to combine the two.  So I did something that I don’t do very often….and that was to think really hard!!  After all the thinking….I came up with a “Monster Splash” theme. 

And I had a ball putting this party together!!

invitation

I found a lady on Etsy who designed my invite.  I told her what I wanted and she nailed it!!  She did an amazing job.  After she designed the invitation I had her design some printables also!

_MG_5042

_MG_5007

The cake was my favorite!  A lady in town makes cakes on the side….I sent her a few pictures of what I was wanting along with my invitaion and she captured exactly what I was going for!  I made the bunting and thought that I had letter stickers…but I didn’t….and I don’t have the best hand writing…but it was still cute!

_MG_5008_MG_5009_MG_5010

I got this idea from a party blog!

_MG_5011_MG_5013

I said the cake was my favorite…but actually these cookies were tied with the cake!  My blog friend Summer made these adorable cookies!!! All I did was send her my invite and she did her thing!!! She is so talented!  I’ve been eyeing all her amazing cookies for years so I was so excited that she was able to make some for me!  Thank you so much Summer!! 

I used the cookies as part of the party favors.

_MG_5014

Laura’s baby shower was the first time I had ever wrapped the forks and I just love how it looks.  It is time consuming but worth it.

_MG_5016_MG_5018_MG_5019_MG_5027

The Birthday Boys!!!  I

_MG_5024

_MG_5029

We had water, crush sodas, and capri suns to keep us hydrated!

_MG_5031_MG_5034_MG_5036

This picture didn’t turn out well….but the boxes in the middle are the favors.  I took close up pictures of the left overs once I got home.  They are posted at the end.  My Mom made the apple cars and the fruit kabobs.

_MG_5040_MG_5046_MG_5047

_MG_5048

Our friend Brandon designed and made the banner.  He also did an amazing job!!  He hand drew the monster truck to try and match the monster truck on the invitation.

_MG_5053

Ryder going in for the veggie chips!!

_MG_5055_MG_5127

Table Decorations….plain and simple…old four wheeler tires!!

_MG_5129_MG_5132_MG_5136_MG_5153_MG_5277_MG_5360

These are the cutest water labels ever. 

IMG_5353

_MG_5375

Close ups of the cookies!!

_MG_5377_MG_5380

Closer pics of the favors.

_MG_5381_MG_5384_MG_5386

Next Up…Party People!!!

No comments: