Monday, December 17, 2012

December in full swing!!

This past weekend was a four day weekend for me…and it was great!!

On Friday, Maddox and I built our very first gingerbread house!!  It was so much fun and It was so funny to see Maddox handling all that candy and trying not to eat it!  I put it together and iced it but he did all the decorating!!_MG_0315_MG_0318_MG_0319

My favorite part of this picture is his hot chocolate mustache!!!  Gingerbread house building just wouldn’t be complete without a nice cup of hot chocolate!!

_MG_0320

Bathroom shots!!

photo12photo13

This little dude LOVES shoes!!  He loves trying to put his or anybody else’s shoes on!! He also likes to go get my shoes while I'm getting ready and put them on my feet!

photo25

The boys were playing dress up while I was getting ready.  My boot, his camo boot, christmas pj pajama top, blue camo undies and Daddy’s belt…gotta love that preschool style!!

photo14

We finished up our Christmas shopping on Saturday evening.  We ate at Olive Garden for supper before we got started…always an experience with a 1 and 3 year old!!

photo15photo18

My heart melted as Maddox took Ryder’s hand to walk with him into church.  Maddox is just becoming the sweetest Big Brother (at times).  One of my favorite things is to hear Maddox talking to Ryder and he will say…”I’ll help you bud”…so cute and sweet!  I still am praying and believing that they will always be best of friends!!

photo19photo22

Ryder checking out baby Kyra at church….she is too precious!!

I feel like I have really slacked off on my dslr camera usage….and I’m not happy about it!  I love my iphone and instagram but I don’t want them to take the place of my camera and blog.  So, I talked Chris into getting a family pic after we got home from church.  We never have time before church.

_MG_0359

_MG_0351

Sunday evening the whole family met at Laura and Nate’s to celebrate birthdays.  Mom, Dad and Caine all have December birthdays!  Unfortunately with December being such a busy month…we have to combine their celebration all together.  I just love my family and I look forward to all the times that we are all together celebrating anything!!  We always have the best food and fellowship!!

_MG_0385_MG_0389

Maddox loving on Caine!!!

_MG_0397

Mom opening up all her jewelry!!

_MG_0398

Daddy opening up his gift!

_MG_0407_MG_0411

Sweet Tori!

_MG_0415

 

Birthday Boy Caine!!  I absolutely can’t believe he is 14!!! That just seems crazy!! I don’t want to blink b/c I know that will happen to Maddox and Ryder way too fast!  I’m holding tight to their present ages!!00

Tonight (Monday), we took the boys to see Santa!!!  This is the Santa we use every year…he is a storybook Santa!  He does his job very well!!  The boys didn’t cry so that was good, they both sat on his lap so that was good too, but….they wouldn’t smile for the camera very good….but I’ll take it!! Successful Santa trip!  After we left the mall, we rode thru McAdenville to see all the Christmas lights!!  So we can now check several things off our Christmas to-do list!! 

01

As we are having all our Christmas busyness and fun, I want to keep the true meaning in perspective.  I am so thankful for the precious gift that God gave us!  The baby in the manger…wow…what a reason to celebrate!! 

Hope you all are having a great Christmas Season!!

No comments: