Monday, June 11, 2012

Maddox and Ryder’s Construction Bash!! The Details!!

One of the great things about having 2 boys whose birthdays are 2 days apart is….we can throw a joint birthday party!!  We celebrated Maddox and Ryder’s Birthday yesterday with a Construction Party!!  Their birthdays are not until next weekend but we wanted to have their party early so that we could spend more time with just them on their birthday!! Ryder’s is June 16th, Father’s Day is June 17th and Maddox’s Birthday is June 18th!!  Whewww!!!

My brother in law has a grading business so I knew that his equipment would make for a perfect party.  Maddox is REALLY into dump trucks, backhoes, bulldozers, loaders…and all that stuff.  He gets so excited to get to ride on Uncle Kev’s tractor!!

001

This is the sign that greeted guests as they arrived!!_MG_4278

There were big orange barrels all the way up the driveway!! Then all the equipment was sitting out!!

_MG_4275

_MG_4267

Thankfully we rented a tent.  The weather called for a 30% chance of rain and it drizzled about 30% of the party time!

_MG_4269

00200300400500600800100110130140150020021022023025026029030

031033034036037038039043046049

The monthly pictures!!

050051052053

We covered the kids table in old blue prints and had 2 buckets of tractor and dump truck crayons for them to color with on the blue prints!!

058060061064065066067068

073

This is the backdrop for the photo booth pics!! Laura took all the pics of the guest and I can’t wait to see some from the photo booth!!  I think they are going to be hilarious!!

075

A seed spreader to hold the drinks!!

077

The food wasn’t out when I took my pictures.  We served hot dogs, potato salad, fruit and chips!!  Along with all the sweets and goodies on the cake table!

080

I was probably most excited about this!! A skid Loader bounce house!!!  I went thru a lot to get this thing here and then it had to be set up in the building b/c of the rain.  I think the kids enjoyed it though!!

139

The lunch bags contained prepackaged PB&J’s, cheese and cracker snack, gummies in the shapes of tools, a dump truck chocolate sucker and a little CAT toy!! 

Let me just say my family had a HUGE part in helping me pull this party off!!  I could not have done it without their help!! They are amazing and I can’t thank them enough!!!

More party post to come!!!

9 comments:

Anna & Kirby said...

Wow!! Awesome theme...loved all the details :)

amywelborn said...

Hands down, by far the cutest party EVER!!!!!! You did a great job!!! I'm sure this will end up all over pinterest;)!! Adorable!!

Kimberley said...

blown away lady! love every little detail!! i bet the boys were smiling from ear to ear :) such a fun theme!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness!!! You did an amazing job, now I want a little boy so I can recreate this :)

Charlee said...

What a party!! Everything looks amazing and all the little details were really great!
I would have loved to have attended a party like this as a child, even though I'm a girl!

Unknown said...

Did you make your own printables? I would love to purchase something similar. I love the black and white chevron!

This party was so perfect! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Did you make your own printables? I would love to purchase something similar. I love the black and white chevron!

This party was so perfect! Great Job!

chicklet036 said...

I am doing a construction theme for my son's 2nd birthday and he would FLIP for that bounce house! Please tell me where you found it! You have a ton of cute ideas- thanks for sharing!

Renae said...

This was too cute, love the theme and all the details.