Sunday, February 12, 2012

Keeping It Real…2 Boys 2 and Under!!

Today I am Linking up with Kelly’s Korner and doing a Show Us Your Life, Working Moms Post.

I almost decided not to do this one b/c I would rather do a post that the pictures  can tell the story.  I have a hard time getting my thoughts down in an organized way…but here goes.  This is going to be random!!!

  • First off, I have always wanted to do a post called “Keeping It Real”.  I know I appreciate other Moms who have wrote about keeping it real and it makes me feel good to know….maybe I’m not the only one who doesn’t have it together all the time. 
  • I’m just going to go ahead and say…Taking care of 2 young children, Keeping a clean house (without a cleaning lady), Working a job,  cooking supper, staying organized, spending quality time with your kids, spending quality time with your husband, church, school, working out, spending time with friends, spending time in the word, blogging everyday, taking pictures of everything, checking out pinterest for hours, keeping up with the latest tv shows…etc…the list goes on and on.  It is just near impossible to keep up with it all!  So I Don’t!
  • I am a hair stylist and I love my job and getting to see my clients….but I love my kids so much…I would rather spend every day with them than at work.
  • I work 3, 10-12 hour days a week and every other Saturday from 8-2….After May I plan to cut out Saturdays all together!! So the days I work…that is all I get done!
  • I am so thankful to have Mondays and Wednesdays off with my boys but the day flies by…trying to catch up on errands, house work, dr appointments…I still try my best to get the most quality time I can with them.
  • I am so blessed that my Mom keeps my boys on the days that I work.  If it can’t be me…I know they are in the hands of a Nana who loves them dearly!  Also, I am very blessed that my Mom cooks supper on those days and always sends supper home with Chris when he picks them up.  When I get home at 8:00 that is one less thing I don’t have to worry about,  my Mom is amazing and an amazing cook!
  • I must not have a Type A personality b/c I can sleep if there are dirty dishes in the sink! ha!
  • I don’t make my bed everyday! (gasp) I get up early enough as it is and barely have time to get ready and get the kids out the door…I can deal with the bed not getting made considering I don’t have to look at it all day!
  • I am not a live by a schedule person.  By this I mean that I don’t have a weekly routine written in stone that I try to stick to.  It’s just not real life for us b/c things are always changing.  I am very laid back so when something needs to be done, I take care of it then.  I wish I was a little more of a planner…but I’m not.
  • My husband helps A LOT!!!! I am so very blessed that Chris helps out with everything.  He gives Maddox a bath every night and usually has both boys fed and ready for bed when I get home.  This gives me more time to spend with them before night night time.
  • I don’t have to have everything sparkling clean all the time  but I have always hated clutter…the whole downstairs of our house has become one big playroom and I just see it pointless to try to keep all the toys cleaned up all the time.  I have made peace with it and it really doesn’t bother me anymore. (unless someone shows up unexpectedly, then I get embarrassed).  I just tell myself…one day I’m going to miss these toys being scattered everywhere.
  • Final thought….I prioritize my time when I’m not at work…..My family is Most Important and as long as I am with them…everything else can wait!!  I don’t want to be known as the  “Mom who always has a clean house”, I want to be know as “the Mom who enjoys raising her kids, teaches them about Jesus and lives in every moment with them”!
  • And because I have pictures…I am going to post some!!006 - Copy011 - Copy025117118135148161
  • Hope you enjoyed me “keeping it real”!
  • One thing is for sure…whether I am at work or at home God has blessed me greatly…
  • Deuteronomy 28:3-63 Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. 4 Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. 5 Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. 6 Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.

3 comments:

Brandie said...

Visiting from Kelly's...what beautiful boys you have! It's hard to be working mom sometimes, but it looks like you are doing a fabulous job!

Summer said...

Maddox looks like a little man in those shoes! Can't believe how big Ryder is getting! Is he crawling yet? Colton is no where near crawling...and I'm totally ok with that! You are an awesome mom and you do a fantastic job keeping the balance between work and home!

Southern Queen of the Crazies said...

I'll be honest - I'm a SAHM and could use a cleaning lady. Don't know how working moms do it!! I'm here from KK's SUYL.