Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Healer He Is!

First off, I am happy to say that I am feeling 99% better.

  The worst part of the stroke is how it affected me mentally.  I have never been a worrier and I have never dealt much with anxiety but for several weeks after the stroke…I was truly living in fear.  It was not fun, it was not me, and I did not like it…not one bit.  I don’t know how many of you have ever had anxiety and fear to over take you but if you have…I now have an understanding of how horrible that can be.  I can honestly say that God took the fear and anxiety from me.  At church 2 weeks ago…I took Chris by the hand and asked him to go down to the alter with me so that we could pray about what I had been going thru.  We knelt at the alter and I just began to unload it all there.  My Pastor and other prayer warriors prayed over me and I knew that God was doing a great work in my mind and over my whole body.  I truly feel it is such a miracle that I am alive and well. 

God had his hand on me during the stroke and he has his hand on me now.

I had many people tell me that I needed to probably take something for my anxiety….I relied on God first..and he healed me!  There are days that when I feel a residual effect, my mind immediately wants to panic like
“oh no…what was that…what is happening”  and then I quickly take those thoughts captive and remind myself…God is in Control, I am in his hands…and he has already healed me… then I feel his sweet peace and everything is OK! 

If any of you are going thru fear and anxiety I pray that you will just ask God for your healing and that you will allow him to take those spirits from you.

2 Timothy 1:7...
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

3 comments:

Kimberley said...

great post lady! so glad to hear you're feeling better.

i used to be a worry wart. i worried about everything, but mainly the healthy of my boys. i used to play the what-if game too.

one day at church, the pastor did his sermon on worry. uh hello, talking straight to me! that was all god, ya know? :)

in a nutshell, he said that christians worrying is an offense to god. now think about that. WOW!! wake up call. i needed to hear that. i know everything is in god's hands, i have to truly believe that in order to set myself free from guilt.

the workaholic momma said...

I'm SO glad you are feeling better!!! I can only imagine the fear and anxiety that would result from going through what you went through...thanks so much for sharing everything you're going through...you are SO strong!!!

Olga Marquez said...

I am so glad you are doing better!! We do have an amazing God!