Friday, August 5, 2011

My Aunt Helen

My heart is hurting today…this is my Aunt Helen and she is fighting for her life right now.

091

This pic was taken just 4 short weeks ago. 

Two  weeks ago, Helen went into the hospital thinking she was going to have her gall bladder removed.  They ran some test and found out she had a fatty non-alcoholic sclerosis of the liver and had to do more test before she could have the gall bladder surgery.  They admitted her into the hospital and she has been in there every since.  To make a long medical story short, they never did the surgery.  Turns out it was way more than gall bladder problems.  They found tumors on her brain and have found that she has lung cancer (she doesn’t smoke)  and the prognosis is not good. 

This is my Mom’s sister, please say a prayer for my Aunt Helen.

6 comments:

Kimberley said...

oh kimmie i am so sorry to hear this. i will pray for your aunt helen right now! touch her lord jesus!!

Olga Marquez said...

oh lady I am so sorry. I will be praying.

The Sains said...

Hi Kim, So sorry to hear about the sad news of your aunt. Tell your family to look into CyberKnife treatment. It is non-invasive radiosurgery for cancer patients with hard bodied tumors and specifically for the head and lungs. There is one at Northeast Med Ctr in Concord, UNC and Mission Hospitals in Asheville. I hope everything works out!

Anna & Kirby said...

I'm sending prayers your way. I hope for the best.

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

I'm so sorry to read this. I may not know you, but we serve the same Lord. Lifting up your Aunt and family during this time.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you."
1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)

Sophisticated Steps

The Broome's said...

Praying for you Aunt today. Also you and your family. Hopeing she gets well soon.