Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ryder’s Nursery Sneak Peek!!

So we definitely still have a lot to do in the nursery but slowly and surely it is starting to come together!!

I wanted to make Ryder’s nursery completely different from Maddox’s!  Chris had a lot of input (sports, blue, sports) on how we did Maddox’s room so he gave me permission to do whatever I wanted to do in Ryder’s!!! Yay!!

Chris got out lucky on this nursery b/c he did not have to do any painting.  The room was an office before and we had already painted it this mossy green color….which I love and did not want to have to change.  I just didn’t think I would find boy bedding that would go with green.  I found my inspiration from a custom baby bedding website but it was way too expensive to buy so….I found the exact same fabric online at a fabric website and ordered it.  When it came in….I was so excited to see that the green in the fabric was in the same green family as the wall color!!! Yay again!!

My talented Mom custom made my bedding!!!  She did an amazing job and to beat all….this was the first time she has done crib bedding!!! Wow!!!  I hope to learn to sew like her one day!!

IMG_7959

I didn’t really know about sock monkeys when Maddox was a baby so I definitely wanted to get a sock monkey for Ryder!

IMG_7962

I also didn’t know about Etsy when I was planning Maddox’s nursery….which was probably a  good thing! ha!  The blocks are from www.msn2hood.etsy.com I just got them in the mail today and am just tickled over them!!!

IMG_7966

I LOVE the lamp!!  TJ Maxx find!!!

IMG_7970

A little sneak peek at the crib bedding!!

IMG_7974

One of my Mom’s friends did the monogramming!!

IMG_7968

The orange lanterns are decorations from Maddox’s birthday party that I am thinking about hanging up in a corner….what do you think?  Yay or Nay?

IMG_7981

And this is Mr. froggy….he is also a decoration that was from Maddox’s party and he matches perfectly in the room….he doesn’t have a permanent spot yet but I’m sure we will find one soon!  My mom also made the curtains!   She is currently working on pillows and my sister made the most beautiful crocheted blanket that matches his bedding.  I got a sneak peek at it the other day and was blown away at how beautiful and perfectly it matches!!  I still want to make a trip to Ikea soon and find a bookcase and we are going to do something special behind his crib!  Other than a few more things to hang and some accessories it will hopefully be finished up soon!!! So exciting!!! 

Stay tuned for the final product!!

9 comments:

The Broome's said...

I love it...so far. Can't wait to see the completed pictures!!! Hope your doing well. He will be here before you know it!

Laura Taylor said...

yaayy!!! LOVE the lantern idea sissy...

I cant wait to see the blanket in there with everything AND I have another special PRIZE for you! :)

Erica Ledbetter said...

I love it! The colors are perfect and I absolutely LOVE the bedding! Your mom is very talented! I think the lantern idea is super cute and would add a perfect touch! Cant wait to see more!

amywelborn said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! I like the lanterns too! Great job!!!

Kimberley said...

looks soooooooooo good!!!! love the color scheme!! your mom is so talented!! love the lanterns!! and good thing i didn't know about etsy back then either!!! ha!

Olga Marquez said...

I am loving the colors!!! Ryder's room is going to be so nice! Cant wait to see the final touches!!

Anna & Kirby said...

I love his room!! The colors... curtains, lamp, blocks, surfing frog! I love it all :)

Hollie said...

Your Mom is so talented!!! I love the colors and can't wait to see the finished room:)

amber said...

love the orange!! can't wait to see the pics when its finished!