Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend!! My favorite Holiday!!

We have had an awesome weekend celebrating the 4th!! The 4th is my favorite holiday b/c I love the summer and being outside, family, friends, water, grilling, fireworks, and very low stress!!  There is no gifts to buy and you don’t even have to buy cards.  I’m not saying i don’t like buying gifts and cards but I think we can all agree that Wal-Mart on the eve of a holiday is just horrifying and will stress you out!!!   All I have to worry about on the 4th is what dessert i’m making to take to the lake!!

Saturday, our church celebrated its 7 yr anniversary at North Belmont Park.  Maddox had a great time riding in his wagon and being entertBained by all the kids!  He did take a head dive into some dirt and scratched up his face but I guess we need to get use to those kind of boo boo’s.  Afterwards, we headed to our best friends house for the UFC fight.  Maddox got to play with his cousins Elan and Beckham!! Pictures to come, I left my camera at there house! Ha!

IMG_4020

Chris captured this pic on Friday evening and It is one of my faves!!

IMG_4057 IMG_4058 IMG_4075

Little Mama Keleigh , Deana and me!

IMG_4078

No, he didn’t spill his drink on himself, he spit it on himself. It must have something to do with cutting his new teeth.

IMG_4083 IMG_4084 IMG_4105

Sunday we went to church and was refreshed and renewed by the worship and word that came forth. We left church and went straight to the lake!!  Our tradition on the 4th!!  We had a great day hanging out with family and friends and followed up the evening with a  fireworks show at Becky and Chad’s. 

Today we decided to chill out at the pool!  We took Maddox’s pack and play and he napped for over an hour so I actually got to read a magazine while laying out (with my 50 sunblock on)! 

I hate to say it but our sweet little Maddox who we have always bragged about being such a good baby has been a pill the past week!  Last week he started running a low grade fever.  The mommy intuition in me knew that it was probably his teeth getting ready to cut thru.  Sure enough on Saturday we felt one! (his 9th tooth) He is actually getting ready to cut 3 more.  So needless to say, he has been very irritable and whinny.  Chris and I would just look at each other and shake our heads like “how do we deal with this” b/c we are not use to that.  Honestly, I can’t blame it all on his teeth, I think a small percentage of it may be he is a little spoiled!! Ha! I am feeling the need to start looking for a good christian based disciplining book! Ha!

No matter how irritable, whinny or bratty he has acted during the day, whenever I am rocking him to sleep at night and he is cuddled up next to me and I’m looking into his eyes, my heart overflows with all the love I have for him and I just thank God for blessing us with such a precious and perfect gift!!

No comments: